Friday, July 12, 2013

Revisit the Friedrichstadt-Palast in Berlin


I wanted to revisit a post I did a few weeks ago on Berlin’s Friedrichstadt-Palast. I had updated the Palace’s Wikipedia page because it was missing information on its current events. There have been no changes to my text, but some photos of the current theater have been added.

As I mentioned on the Wiki page and on my blog, the Palace specializes in complex state-of-the-art performances with hundreds of performers and elaborate sets. It certainly would be a different type of performance than one I would see at one of Berlin's three opera houses.




The current show at the Friedrichstadt-Palast is called Show Me. It has 5 shows a week with tickets ranging from 21-117 euros, depending on the time of the show. A local German newspaper raves about it  as “one of the most glamorous, artistically challenging and versatile shows in the world.” There are over 500 magnificent costumes for the 160 performers. The technologies used for the show are quite modern; the highlights are 60 dancers in LED suits and a 20 meter high waterfall on the stage. It seems like such a unique experience that I shouldn’t miss in Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment